5/24/17

5/24/17

Friday, June 28, 2013

Blood Work Down and the Timing

We are back in Grand Rapids after our dash to get Ben's blood work before the surgery. U of M requires it to be at one of there labs. So we drove into Brighton. The drive was uneventful. Ben pointed out every big truck, semi, and any construction equipment we saw. When we got to the lab we got in fast. Although the tricky part was getting his blood. Ben has very mad and angry even before we started the process because he knew it was coming. We had to poke each arm to get enough blood. His arms have never been easy to get a good point of access. The lab would not do his feet like in the hospital. But it was over quickly and he recovered fast as we went out to eat with my sister and friend Kristin. Kristin brought her son Mason the boys enjoyed the trains at Bagger Daves. I got the Pre-opt admission phone call while I was typing this. We need to be at the hospital at 6:30 on Monday July 1st. Ben will start fasting at midnight, so it will be easy because he will be sleeping. Then we will meet with Dr. Hirsch-Ramano and sign the papers for the Fontan. I will post an update as soon as I can compose myself. It is hard saying goodbye even through I am positive our prayers will be answered. Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment