Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sweet Benny!

Ben has recovered somewhat from the crazy weekend. On top of all his heart issues he has horrible acid flex which has not help his situation at all. We are trying to reduce his reflex with thickened feedings and more Zantac. Sometimes he holds his breath when he gets the reflex which adds to our oxygen problems. He has always struggled with oxygen since he has a small sano shunt, and getting bigger is making it worse. We are all scared and are praying that everything goes well. At least we know it is time and it is what Benjamin needs. Thanks for checking in.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hanging in There!

Benjamin landed into the emergency Friday night. His oxygen was way too low and the cardiologist told us to head in. We think it may be because his oxygen regulator was not working property. Then Ben had a crash. Airway came out and got us a new one yesterday. He should be able to come home tonight and we can hopefully keep things stable until his next surgery. Our four day weekend seemed like it was more stressful than anything. I feel sick to my stomach that I did not catch the bad regulator sooner. But everything is going well otherwise and we are gearing up for Ann Arbor. We thought we might head there this weekend and were packed. But they think he can make it till the 9th. Keep thinking and praying for Ben!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sweet Baby Boy

Benjamin is doing fine, although you can tell he is showing lots of signs that he needs the next surgery. He has been requiring more and more oxygen and he can be fussy. He is also slowing down on growth. The only thing that really makes him happy is too be held lately and to be in his swing. We ran out of batteries today which was horrible. :) Right now we just have to hang on until his next surgery and pray that everything goes well. I have faith in Dr Hirsch and am hoping to have Ben home by Christmas to be with Allison. Thanks for checking the blog.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Ben had a Hard Night

Well after I posted yesterday Ben had a bad spell that almost put him in the emergency room again. I got him to recover myself and we talked to the cardiologist today about how to prevent this from happening in the future. So hopefully we can avoid this oxygen problem, by using more oxygen to make it easier on Ben. His next surgery will be Dec 9th. Please pray for our little man.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

No News is Good News

Tomorrow we have a cardiologist apt to find out more on the care for Ben. He is doing really well! He has not required much oxygen the past few days. He is very smiley and such a sweet boy. Keep him in your prayers and we will post again soon on what we find out. Here are some pictures of Ben and his sister Allison on Halloween!